Monday 5 October 2009

Class trip to campsite

As part of our Holiday Orkney topic we went to see some places where tourists might stay. Here are some of the reports the pupils wrote (and then typed up) about visiting the Pickaquoy Centre campsite.
Look out for more pupils' work on the blog in future.
 
---------------------------
 

 
Last week we visited the Pickaquoy camp site. I think tourists would like it there because there is a laundry with sinks for water and for your clothes to dry. Something I found surprising was the hair driers because they were so low down. My favourite part was the caravans and campervans because they have engines.
by Amy
 


Last week we visited a camp site. It has 4 stars. We got to see the boiler room. Lots of people were staying there. My favourite bit was when we got to go outside and see the camper vans. I was surprised how many tents could stay there.
by Ashleigh





 
Our trip to Pickaquoy campsite.


It had four star rating and lots of facilities like hair drier and tea and coffee making facilities and it takes half an hour to wash your clothes. It costs five pounds. There is one person working there. Tourists would like the toilets and the showers. I was surprised that it had a laundry room and you can wash your dishes.
by James



Pickaquoy Campsite


Last week we went to the Pickaquoy Campsite. The tourists would like it because there were hairdryers, showers, washing machines, and a kitchen. I was surprised because I didn’t think there would be any tents. My favourite bit was when we went to see the caravans, campervans and the tents.
by Martyna



Last week we went to the Pickaquoy camp site. Tourists would like it because it has good facilities like washing machines, showers, toilets and tumble dryers.

I was surprised how many toilets the campsite had and that the hairdryers were so low down.
My favourite bit was when we got to see the tents, caravans and campervans because we got to see some of the facilities.
by Molly C


P3/4s trip to the Picky Campsite

On Wednesday the 23rd of September we visited the Picky Campsite. A lady called Elaine showed us around the main room and talked to us about what tourists look for in a campsite. We split into groups and explored the campsite. I was surprised to see so much leaflets and information about Kirkwall. Then Elaine showed us where all the caravans, camper vans and tents were but we didn’t get to see inside a caravan because they all belonged to somebody. My favourite part of the campsite was the lounge because it was cosy and homely but I enjoyed all of it.
by Molly H








No comments:

Post a Comment